It’s hard to believe it’s been 1 year since I changed to the Primal / Paleo lifestyle (my ‘anniversary’ was on May 3rd).
Over the past year I managed to learn a lot of new things about fitness, diet, mindset / perseverance, people, and a ton of other things…
Here are some things I learned:
- It’s sometimes easier to quit things “cold turkey” – I didn’t ease into the diet. I jumped in with both feet.
- You can survive without eating white carbs, potatoes, beans and candy.
- The “carb flu” is real – Carb flu is when your body changes from metabolizing sugar to fats… it can be unpleasant with bouts of headaches, low energy and moodiness. Mine lasted for 2 weeks… like with anything, some don’t get it at all.
- I don’t have to exercise like a madman to look fit – having said that, I did decide to increase my exercise regime… but you don’t have to in order to look good naked.
- It’s ok to slip… your world doesn’t end just because you ate a candy bar or had an ice cream. BUT, you may feel like it afterward when you’re sitting in the bathroom wondering why you’re having a bad stomach ache. :)
- Some days are harder than others. :-?
- Most people will think you’re insane… and NO this is NOT the Atkins diet.
- You can feel better at 39 than you did at 29
- Most obstacles are imaginary. If you think something is going to be difficult (or even ‘impossible’)… it is.
Anyway, I could go on and on…
But one thing is for certain.
The Caveman Diet and the associated lifestyle changes (Paleo, Primal, Evolutionary Fitness or whatever you want to call it) WORKS AWESOME.
If you haven’t tried it, I encourage you to try it for 90 days. I guarantee you’ll feel and look a LOT better.
By the way, this diet is very sustainable and the fatloss is pretty much permanent… check out the picture I took on May 3rd:
All the best,
PS – I will start posting my daily workout program as well as a workout for people just starting out on this journey. I’ll explain more of that next time.